Welcome to CLT
Children's Lovecastles Trust (CLT) is a non-profit, non-government organization devoted to the simple idea that every child has the right to equal learning opportunities and quality education. That can be realized only when opportunities to learn are made available in their own environment. Based outskirts of Bangalore, CLT has worked since 1997 to provide solutions to support and strengthen Government schools in under-served communities in India.
CLT Resource Center acts as a Hub where our teachers, resource people and volunteers work with technology experts to develop repository of curricula-aligned digitized multi-media content in regional languages that supports State-Board syllabus. The digital content, under the banner of CLT e-Patashale™, transfers the best teaching practices and innovative lesson resources to remote schools!
CLT e-Patashale™ is both a product and service, where master teachers design low-cost, localized curricula-aligned e-content for K-12 in English and Kannada languages (State language in Karnataka) and go online to teach for some of the schools. The digital courseware is modular, replicable, and adaptable to different delivery models. CLT uses technology for giving access to good pedagogy in remote schools. Our delivery of e-content is done in 2 ways.
1. CLT e-Patashale™ digital courseware -Teaching Solution, is loaded on PCs in each classroom, where the local teachers are trained to integrate the content seamlessly with their black-board teaching. (Sankya Partnership)
2. Distance Learning: CLT teachers connect online to remote classrooms for live during-school intervention (Cisco Inclusive Growth) CLT e-Patashale™ has plans to replicate the e-courseware to more State languages. Our solution uses technology exactly for its strength – as a channel for scaling distribution – and to transfer pedagogy, but it does not attempt to replace teachers that are still the best resource.
English Medium Content Sample
To Deliver Education using Technology to Enable Accessibility in Under-Served Communities.
Using Technology to Create, Enhance and Monitor Delivery of Education in an Affordable, Scalable and Modular Manner.
CLT International Foundation Inc., U.S.A.
CLT IF is exempt under section 501 (c) (3)
We transform the way kids learn in 4 ways.
- South Asia Education Summit Award 2014 in ‘Mobile initiatives in schools’ category.
- The Manthan award South West India 2014 in e-Science & Technology
- Millennium Alliance Award 2013 for low-cost innovation by FICCI and USAID
- Social Innovation Acceleration Program 2013.
by Marico Innovation Foundation
- The Manthan Award South Asia & Asia Pacific 2012
- Canara bank_Service to mankind
- Intel Computer Clubhouse Network Kudos Award 2009
- e-North East Award 2011 - Jury Special Mention Award for Innovation in Education and Learning
- e-asia 2011 Award - 1 of Top 5 Finalists for Best ICT initiatives in Classrooms
Partnership For Learning
In its' efforts to strengthen Government Schools in India, CLT has created a dynamic process by effectively bringing together different interest groups to collaborate for Partnership for Learning. - Government, non-government, corporate and academia and individual volunteers.